PLEASE NOTE: THE CONTEST FORM WILL BE OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS UNTIL 12:00 NOON ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER NOON 2/14/2011.
The Minnesota Professional Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists (MN SPJ) recognizes the best in Minnesota journalism each year with its annual Page One Awards.
MN SPJ is excited to announce the addition, in 2011, of four new special awards including:
- Young Journalist of the Year (Award given to outstanding journalist in any medium with less than 10 years experience)
- Journalist of the Year (Award given to outstanding journalist in any medium with 10 or more years of experience)
- Story of the Year (Award for general excellence in any medium, covering a single story or news event)
- Best Use of Public Records (Award for excellence in any medium covering a single story or news event where use of public records played a role in getting and telling the story)
MN SPJ will continue to accept online submissions to its contest.
Journalists working for all print, broadcast and online news outlets in Minnesota (or news outlets in neighboring states that cover Minnesota) are eligible to enter. All work published or broadcast during the 2010 calendar year is eligible. Entries must be submitted by Friday, February 11, 2011. The fee is $20 per entry.
SPJ encourages collegiate journalists to enter student work in SPJ’s Mark of Excellence Awards. Submission deadline for that contest is January 26, 2011.
Contest winners will be honored at SPJ’s Page One Banquet, an annual spring event celebrating excellence in Minnesota journalism.
- Online Contest Submission Form
- Complete Listing of Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Complete Listing of Contest Categories and Descriptions
MN SPJ President