Hear from veteran journalists, a media attorney, a community organizer and police on how to report on protests, with tips for protecting yourself and your data.
This panel presentation will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 27, with networking to begin at 6 p.m. Head over to Nicholson Hall, Rm 35, 216 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, U of M East Bank.
This is a free event, open to all. Please RSVP at: z.umn.edu/protests.
• Mark Anfinson, media and First Amendment attorney
• Wintana Melekin, Neighborhoods Organizing for Change
• Corey Schmidt, Minneapolis police spokesperson
• Anthony Souffle, Star Tribune photojournalist
• Doualy Xaykaothao, MPR News reporter
• Moderated by: Lindsey Seavert, KARE 11 reporter