- The fee is $22 per entry.
- Entries must be submitted no later than midnight, Monday, Feb. 18, 2019.
- All work published or broadcast during the 2018 calendar year is eligible.
- Journalists (including freelancers and contract employees) working for all print, broadcast and online news outlets in Minnesota (or news outlets in neighboring states that cover Minnesota) are eligible to enter.
- An individual may submit only one entry per category. Exceptions: 1) if a second entry is a multiple-byline entry; or 2) if it is submitted by his/her employer because they could not agree on a single entry.
- An individual may enter in a tier above their news outlet’s division (circulation/employee count), but then may not also enter their own division.
- Entries will be judged by journalism professionals outside Minnesota.
- Judges may move an entry from one category to another.
- Up to three winners may be chosen for each category. Judges may choose not to name a winner in any category.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Awards Presentation: Winners will be announced in the spring of 2019 and honored during MN SPJ’s annual Page One Awards Banquet. Date and location, TBD.
- NEWSPAPER, ONLINE & PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES must be submitted online.
- FOR PRINT ENTRIES (Newspaper and Magazine): Entrants should submit a link to the online article or a PDF of the news/magazine page on which the story appeared. The date of publication should be visible.
- FOR NEWSPAPER AND MAGAZINE “BEST ISSUE” CATEGORIES: entries may be submitted by mail. TWO COPIES of each issue must be submitted in an 8 1/2-by-11-inch folder or envelope. Please write category name on outside of folder.
- FOR GRAPHICS/PHOTOGRAPHY CATEGORIES: Entrants should submit a PDF of the news/magazine page on which the art appeared, or a link to the art published on an online news site. The date of publication should be visible.
- FOR TV ENTRIES: Entrants should submit a URL where video can be viewed (preferred) or entries may be submitted on a DVD (please include TWO COPIES).
- FOR RADIO ENTRIES: Entrants should submit a link to the work online (preferred) or entries may be submitted by mail on a CD (please include TWO COPIES).
CLICK HERE to access the contest submission form